What causes intermittent dull ache below the sternum, loose stools and vomiting?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have a dull ache in my stomach, right below my sternum, I feel full just after eating just a small amount of food, the stomach ache comes and goes, if I am up and active that seems to trigger the pain. I don't have much of an appetite, I do have crohns disease so I do have loose stools but I have had loose stools more often with the stomach pain. I am wondering if I have an ulcer, I have vomited a couple of times. And I feel like vomiting sometimes but I don't vomit. I am having trouble sleeping.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastroenteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello my dear,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
No Every cancer is claasified on a scale termed as TNM where N stands for lymph node while T stands for tissue involvement.
So tissue involvenent is must before lumphatic spread or metastasis.
Its not pancreatic tumour.Lymph nodes are like Police barriers in body they check infection or infectitious material inside the body and captures it keading to increase in size.
Enlarged nessnteic lymoh nodes with nature of pain you are experiencing is suggestive of some ongoing infection in body basically termed as Gastroenteritis or infection of intestines.
Few tests recommended initially are-
Stool routine and microscopy.
Stool culture and sensitivity
To rule out cause if infection whether protozoal or bacterial.

Rx

Treatment-

Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration–You need to drink more than usual to replace the fluids lost from vomiting and diarrhoea. Water is best, but you could also try fruit juice and soup.
Take paracetamol with dicyclomime 10 mg twicecdaily for any aches and spasmodic pains.
If you feel like eating, try small amounts of plain foods, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread.Take very small meals..
Take antinausea medication (such as zofran 4 mg twice and antidiarrhoeal medication (such as loperamide upto 16 mg a day) .Right now its enteritis and not crohns.
Therapy with
Tab Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day(9a.m-9 p.m)
Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily(9a.m-9p.m) should be taken for next 5 days.

You would need a prescription for the same.
Thanks!