What causes intermittent cough as per the attached X-ray?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Dear Sir/Madam,
I am 30 year old male. I have cough which comes in spells after every 4-5 days for an hour or two. Yesterday I have had blood from mouth while brushing. I am not sure it was from gum or throat. I went to doctor who ordered chest x ray. Attached are the images of chest x ray. It has not been evaluated by radiologist as the place I am staying has minimal health facilities. Doctors said this x Ray is not complete normal. Now I am very scared after that as I have Googled a lot and my fear is lung cancer. Request you to please analyse the attached x Ray of chest and give me the detailed information.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chest x-ray appears to be normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to Healthcaremagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Though Uploaded X-ray quality is not good,Chest x-ray appears to be normal.
There are no signs of cancer or infection etc.
Visualized lung fields appears normal.
Cardiac size and CP angles appears normal.
There are no signs of effusion etc.
Bony thorax also appears normal.

In short,chest X-ray findings are normal.
You may need clinical evaluation.Bleeding from mouth may be due to many reasons.
Occasional cough may be due to allergy etc.
You may need proper evaluation by a pulmonologist.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj