What causes inflammation and pain in the lungs?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: On Saturday I cleaned the grout on my tile floors. I did a few at a time and rested. I did use a household and some Clorox. Yesterday I took a hot shower and my my lungs hurt so badly. My son said that I had opened my lungs up and they were inflamed from the cleaners. My question is will they heal on their own? Do I need to do anything? Will I have repercussions in the future from this?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to resolve on its own.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concern. I would assume that it was your chest that hurt. It does not mean that your lungs hurt. There are many other structures in the chest that could be involved. It could be due to simple muscle fatigue. Catching a cold, a virus, or an allergic reaction could also be the cause. In such a case the entire issue should resolve in a week or less. It is expected to resolve on its own although a clinical examination would be necessary in order to confirm. Taking steam inhalation and some antiallergic like cetirizine and also paracetamol should help. Future repurcussions are unlikely although such episodes can occur independently in the future.