What causes inflamed sores in the cheeks and gums with black dots on the tongue?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello over the last 2 months my tongue on either side has been inflamed and whitish with semi ulcer like sores and my cheeks and my gums are red and inflamed and they hurt my teeth hurt it's hard to eat to talk to swallow to chew and now I have a black dot whole looking thing on the left side of my tongue and I have a lump on the side of my neck on the right side what can it be
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

It can be canker sores but for understanding the symptoms well I would like you to provide further details:
- Does the ulcers come and go or are present the same since two months?
-Is it started after whiteness of tongue?
-Can you please upload pictures of your tongue and ulcers?

Please revert back..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 26 minutes later
They're not exactly like canker sores there more whitish little round circles it's just the side of my tongue is whitish yellowish grayish looking and it's extremely painful and underneath my tongue is extremely red and painful and just today I noticed a small black hole on the side of my tongue and I was just curious as to what it might be

I have a picture but it won't let me send it
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like injury.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
From the image it looks like continuous trauma to the area..
It can be due to tongue bite or injury with sharp cusps of teeth..
But for a confirmation consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated..
For now continue applying Oragel and also gargle with specialised mouthwash like Magic mouthwash..
Suck ice pops or do cool water rinses to reduce inflammation..
Take soft meals..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 12 hours later
I have not been in my tongue or there's been no injury at all I also have it on my gums on the inside of my lips on the roof of my mouth it's on both sides of my tongue and like I said I have a knot on the right side of my neck and anything cold or hot is excruciating I could hardly eat I really don't think it's due to biting or anything it's really painful the underneath of my tongue is red and inflamed and I have these little round white patches little circles here and there so I don't think it's from injury or biting or anything cuz it's on the inside of my cheeks on the inside of my lips under my tongue it's everywhere

Also my gums and my teeth are absolutely painful so I don't see how that could be due to any type of injury or biting there's been nothing like that and like I said my gums hurt so bad and my teeth hurt so if you can think of something else that would be great because I know it's not due to injury at all
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to allergy or Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
As per your detailed explanation, it can be due to some Allergic reaction or due to some Infection...

And to rule out the exact cause a clinical examination and investigation of oral swab culture and blood test can be done for confirmation...

For now, please gargle with a specialized mouthwash like Magic mouthwash as it has a numbing agent.
You can also suck Cepacol lozenges.
Take more of fluids and soft bland foods...

These will give you pain relief but for an appropriate treatment, further investigation is a must...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee