What causes indigestion after medical tests?

Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Can someone have trouble digesting their food after this test? Any problem with blood pressure?
Answered by Dr. Prashant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
usually there will be no relation with digestion and any tests

Detailed Answer:
Regarding what test you sre dpeaking?But whatever there is no relation with digestion. And regarding blood pressure ,what exactly you need plz be a bit more specific ,so that I can help you better.
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 20 hours later
Dr. Prashart -
This test was "Nuclear Medicine Gastric Emptying Exam" taken 9/24/2015.
After the test, I had a miserable time digesting my food especially in the evening.
Still am.
I had blood pressure for about six months of about 110/66 and 136/36 as examples. Stopped taking my medicine.
Since the test I have had 151/71 and 162/81 as examples and similar. I have started taking my medicine again - Losartan - and it still is high.
I am seeing my doctor today, but could it be from the test?
Answered by Dr. Prashant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
the fluctuation in BP is due to anxiety and stopping of medicines

Detailed Answer:

Regarding your digestion when you are saying that you got a test, Nuclear Medicine Gastric Emptying Exam, basically it contains radioactive materials mixed in food that they give to eat, might be that will take some time to eliminate and because of that there may be delay in proper acid secretion, but all these problems will come down in next couple of days.

And fluctuating BP is mainly due to anxiety and stopping of anti hypertensive, better have a proper sleep and less stress with your regular BP tablets.

You can also consider regular walking and low salt diet that will add on to better maintain of BP.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj