What causes inability to gain weight?
I was Thinking may be i Have Hyperthorid. Because little anxiety, tremor and fast pulse i noticed
1) Done Lfts And Tfts
2) Blood Cp
All were Normal.
Now I am Just Thinking to Use some sort Of Pharmacological Agent To Get result of 10_ 15 lbs in 1- 2 months.
Even i have my hand on Oral Steriods. Not tested yet.
Please Give me Reasonable Way to Fix it Asap.
Needs to get evaluated for the cause of weight loss.
Thanks for posting your query.
First of all you need to be diagnosed for the cause of weight loss ( unable to gain weight )
There are many conditions that can cause inability to gain weight or weight loss.
Common among them are :
1. Diabetes :
2. Thyroid Disease : ( You have been evaluated for that by TFT )
3. Chronic Infections : Tuberculosis, HIV,
The evaluation you have undergone is not complete and hence I would recommend the following tests for you.
Fasting and Postprandial Blood sugars, 24 hour urinary Metanephrines, Stool for Fat, Colonoscopy , IgA Transglutaminase , ESR, Monteaux test, HIV ( If there is a history of unprotected sex )
Once we diagnosed correcting the disease will automatically leads to weight gain. Till then you can use Whey Protein based powders. Increase the intake of meat, cheese and sweets.
Also start doing exercise -- Start with mild exercise like walking , aerobics and later you can do some weight lifting exercise.
Kindly revert back with the reports .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gradual weight gain
- What causes weight gain and fatigue
- What causes stress and weight gain
- What is the cause and treatment for weight gain
- What are the causes of excessive weight gain
- What is the cause of inability to conceive
- What hormone causes weight gain
- What causes trouble in gaining weight
- What diseases causes weight gain
- What causes inability to belch