What causes high heart rate?
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Heart rate of 110 is high / needs attention
Blood tests like electrolytes (potassium) and thyroid are to be done.
At times, HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) is done to analyse and plan for further management
Reducing the dose of amlodipine may help – it dilates the blood vessels and can increase the rate
Stepping up the dose of Metoprolol can help – it reduces the heart rate
Discuss with your doctor... The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lower heart rate
- High resting heart rate causes
- High heart rate causes
- Virus that causes high heart rate
- What causes elevated heart rate
- Is high heart rate a cause of worry
- What causes high bp and slow heart rate
- Could high cholesterol cause high heart rate
- What is the cause of changing heart rate
- What causes accelerated heart rate