What causes high blood pressure, shortness of breath and severe fatigue?
may need assessment for hormonal conditions
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
She may need blood tests to rule out hormonal causes such as pheochromocytoma or thyroid disease.
Pheochromocytoma refers to a rare condition where there is a mass releasing chemicals called catecholamines. These are normally present in the body but in pheochromocytoma , more is present.
The mass is in a gland called the adrenal gland which lies above the kidneys.
Thyroid disease with high hormone levels can also cause high blood pressure, flushing and weight loss.
She may want to consider having these bloods done by her doctor if they have not be done already. Urine tests can also be done for the catecholamines.
Imaging may also be needed as well
I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure high pulse shortness breath
- High blood pressure and fatigue
- Causes of high blood pressure
- Is shortness of breath a sign of high blood pressure
- What causes erratic high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and a tightening of the chest
- Tonsillitis cause high blood pressure
- Lucozade causes high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and what are the cure
- What is cause of high blood pressure at night