What causes high blood pressure despite taking medication?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that the normal recommended range of Bp for an adult is upto 140/90 mmhg.
So if your blood pressure is not coming within that range with all these medicines then there's a need to start one more to control your Bp to desired range.
It's also a wise decsison to add another group of medicine instead of just hiking up dose of one medicine to maximum as it also increase the side effects of that medicine.
Yes it's ok to add losartan to existing medicines.
Here I would also like to advise you to stick to healthy lifestyle habits along with medicines for a holistic approach to blood pressure control.
I hope this information will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu Partap
It varies from patient to patient however ideally the effect should be visible within a week time.
If you have any other doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What happens if i quit taking high blood pressure medications
- Taking carvedilol for high blood pressure right medication
- Forgot to take high blood pressure medication
- High blood pressure taking ramipril cause
- Is it ok to take centrum if on high blood pressure medication
- What is the medical term for high blood pressure
- Can taking citalopram cause high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and what are the cure
- Whats the best time to take high blood pressure medication
- Should i take medication for high blood pressure