What causes gastric irritation while on medication for pilonidal sinus?
It has only been a day since I consumed these and the pain is comparatively reduced. But I have developed an irritation in my stomach and I'm unsure if it is the side effects of one these drugs.
Appreciate any advise you can offer on this!
Gastric irritation due to strong antibiotics and analgesics
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
Perianal/Pilonidal sinus is a condition where in a small hole occurs near the tail bone and this pit can get infected thus discharging pus.
The medical treatment given to you is
1.Rablet 20mg - Rabeprazole -Proton pump inhibitor (given to reduce gastric acid secretion).
2.Zerodol P -Aceclofenac + paracetamol - Reduces pain and inflammation.
3. Cifran OZ - Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole -Antibiotic
4. Chymoral Forte - antiinflammatory enzymes to increase wound healing.
Sometimes certain antibiotics can cause gastric disturbance or you may be allergic to the particular antibiotic given to you.
Hence consult your doctor regarding change of antibiotics if you are allergic to it. Also the rabeprazole dosage may be increased to 40mg if you are having gastric irritation due to the analgesics and antibiotics.
Also kindly consult a general surgeon for procedures like Marsupialisation (small procedure under local anaesthesia) / or Incision and drainage - to drain the sinus for quick wound healing as only medical treatment may not be enough.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pilonidal sinus abscess treatment while pregnant
- Pilonidal sinus baby
- Does steroids cause pilonidal sinus
- Is pilonidal sinus caused by stress
- Pilonidal sinus causes urinary urgency
- Drugs/medication for Pilonidal sinus
- Pilonidal sinus dos and donts
- Pilonidal sinus and pain in legs
- Pilonidal sinus cause tailbone pain
- Pilonidal sinus causes