What causes garlic odor in armpits?

Dermatologist
Question
I read somewhere there was a reason for the onion/garlic odor of the armpit/s. I've never had odor problems, but in the last 2 months, I noticed a strong oniony odor...ugh! There must be something causing that, eh?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bromhidrosis skin, use antiseptic agents

Detailed Answer:
Hi

A change in normal skin flora of the axilla can lead to an altered body odour causing an onion or garlic like body odour.This phenomenon is called bromhidrosis.
You should wash your axillary region twice just fly with an antiseptic solution. You can either use dilute dettol or diluted betadine or potassium permanganate lotion to wash the axillary areas twice a day . You can add little bit agent to a bucket of water before taking bath.
Also in addition, you should avoid intake of raw ginger, garlic or onions in your diet.

I am sure this will help you.

Dr Geetika XXXXXXX