What causes fuzzy spot on the right upper lobe of the lung?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was sick with a sinus and ear infection. was on antibiotics for 10 days. haveing a rash hives went to another doctor had blood work urine an chest x ray. radiologist said it was pneumonia so 10 more days of antibiotics, saw lung specialist he said he saw a fuzzy spot on my right upper lobe of my lung. he doesn't think its pneumonia. I am a healthy person. have asthma under control am 65 year old woman but look younger, active, no shortness of breath, no coughing no pain, no phelem. I am a smoker can it be cancer or can it be something else
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer....it may or may not be lung cancer.
Detailed answer...
Thanks or the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although being a smoker and an old aged female does increase the chances of cancer but frankly speaking there can be various other reasons like non cancerous growths or even blood vessel abnormalities which can result in  appearance of spots which appear indistinguishable on plain X ray.
Around 25% people with lung cancer doesn't show any symptoms.
The best is to get the CT or MRI lungs done as early as possible,although you may need other investigations like bronchoscopy and biopsy to arrive at the proper diagnosis.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks