What causes frequent urination in a type 2 diabetic patient?
Irritable bladder, diabetes
Hello and welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on your description, I would advise the following.
BPH ie benign prostatic hyperplasia should be screened for on an ultrasound. UTI and urinary tract stones should be looked for as the possible cause. Overactive bladder should be treated with anticholinergic meds like solifenacin.
Tight glycemic control would be required to avoid excess glucose and protein loss in urine. Nephropathy would also be halted from progressing in this way.
wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action
Dr M.S Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination when suffering from type 2 diabetes
- Can diabetes cause frequent urination?
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children