What causes foul odor in the genital area?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Mon, 28 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Suddenly I have order in the genital area, and I don't know what is causing this. Could it be supplemental vitamins and minerals, or is it a sign of something is medically wrong. I have been told I have diverticulitis.

No follow up question yet, but I mistyped odor, typing instead order. I am not currently sexually active.
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may be a yeast infection in your perineal area

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'am,
As I read your query, I understand that you have been through some medical examinations and blood tests. The results of these exams brought by you show that there is no bacterial infection. This leads me to think that the most probable cause of smell in your genital area is a common yeast infection. You may find some change in color in your groins spreading to your thighs associated with the bad odor.
This condition is usually caused by moisture in your groin, left after you take a shower or after you sweat. This is why it is important to keep this area dry and clean. The usual treatment is an antifungal cram like ketoconazole, but it must be often associated with a systemic antifungal like terbinafine for at least 4 months. Your doctor may need to evaluate this condition, take some specimen from your groins and check them under a microscope for the definite diagnosis.

There are no cases of odor from genital area caused from vitamins and minerals, neither from diverticulitis. It is medically impossible.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T