Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What causes fordyce spots on penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Doctor, I am 29 and single. I got a pimple like thing on my penis for quite some time now and it won't go away. It is located on the shaft but there is no pain, it won't spread, every other function is just normal. When I touch it, it feels like there's something like a small piece of pulse or something under the skin. So kindly advise as to what I should do about it or who should I see for this. Thank You.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: KINDLY attach photographs. Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. Unless examined, it is not possible to diagnose. Kindly provide me some photographs to give some suggestions. You have an option to upload the photographs on the right side of the page. Truly,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes fordyce spots on penis? 1 hour later
Uploaded the photos you requested for . . . kindly get back to me as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Prominent sebaceous glands------------------------ Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I had a good look at the images. These look like Fordyce spots - just prominent sebaceous glands visible under the penile skin. Fordyce spots are visible sebaceous glands that are present in most individuals. They appear on the genitals and/or in the mouth. They appear as small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the scrotum, shaft of the penis or on the labia. They are not associated with any disease or illness, nor are they infectious but rather they represent a natural occurrence on the body. No treatment is therefore required, unless there is cosmetic concern. Hope, I have give you some input on this lesion. Truly,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor