What causes fluttering sensation in leg?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What causes little flutters in leg? What can I do for it? Only happens when sitting? Don't feel it when walking or standing. Sometimes when lying down.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
Sometimes it can be seen in healthy people and real cause cant be found. in this case it wont progress and wont cause any bad consequances. Sometimes it can be sign of electrolyte imbalance,such as magnesium,potassium or calcium so you should check these levels in your blood. Magnesium or calcium supplements usually help. More serious neurologic disorders are last thing to think of but if this persist tou should do EMG and visit neurologist. Wish you good health.regards