What causes fever, chills, chest congestion and strong ammonia smell in urine?

Question
Hello, I have fever between 102.7- 103.4 I've had for 4 days now,also I have chills,my eye are sore and dry, have cough, chest congestion nose runny,body aches ,my urine smells like ammonia, also I'm diabetic my numbers are between 145 -210
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need chest x-ray and Urinalysis as well as antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you symptoms are consistent with an acute attack of respiratory tract infection and to rule out pneumonia a baseline chest X-ray is mandatory.

Your urinary symptoms also need to be evaluated by a urinalysis to look for any pus cells and urine culture if so. If cough is accompanied with sputum , sputum culture and sensitivity may also be needed.

Meanwhile analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for fever and anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine should be started. Decongestants should also be started and steam inhalations will also work. Citrosoda XXXXXXX for urinary symptoms can be helpful. But for proper cure antibiotics appear to be unavoidable. Antibiotics like quinolones can help with both however after cultures can be reviewed if needed. Sugar control should be ensured with proper dietary and drugs compliance.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.