What causes feeling of a lump in throat and dry cough?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: i feel like I have small lump in my throat whenever I swallow and sometimes have a short dry cough. Is this serious that warrants checking or is it possibly associated with post nasal drip which i seem to frequently have.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggest seeing an ENT specialist.

Detailed Answer:
hi and thanks for the query

I humbly think this deserves a medical consultation. the dry cough can be associated with the post nasal drip. however a clinical review accompanied by a chest x Ray might be useful to excuse something more serious like infections and other allergy related coughs like asthma.

feeling something when swelling is serious. it is important to exclude that the size of the esophafus us still normal and that there are no masses or tumours around.

I suggest a clinical review by an ear - nose-throat specialist (ENT).

this is not to scare you in anyway but feel its better we stay sure and safe.

kind regards as I wish you the best health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T