What causes false positive results for THC while on Lisinopril and Nitrostat?
a very good question deserving a very good answer
which would ultimately be ... you cannot know.
The local labs offer over a dozen different urine screens. They vary from sticking to a piece of cardboard with antibodies on it that you can get for 20 bucks at the pharmacy... to quantitative measurement with Gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy with validation. The cardboard can stick to anything and give a false positive and it doesn't matter what you are taking. THe GC-MS is very reliable and also doesn't matter what you are taking.
there are some drugs that look similar to drugs of abuse and are Well-Known to cause trouble.
this is a general discussion of the topic and quite readable.
Anything like a stress hormone might possibly look like amphetamine. That includes the labetalal. Nitrostat is metabolized so fast that unless they are doing very very careful looks for XXXXXXX nitrate .. which is almost the same chemical... it won't come up.
basically, other than labetalol, the others do not look to be a problem BUT there is a few percent chance of a false positive EVEN WIHTOUT THE MEDS
That's about it. That includes looking over a few score of titles, searching the medline and my own previous inquiries into the subject. It's doubtful you're going to find more info beyond this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can thc cause pcos
- Does thc cause gingivitis
- Can nitrostat cause tia
- Can thc cause meningitis
- Will liver hepatitis c cause false positive drug test for thc
- Does nitrostat cause migraine
- Cancer causing false thc
- Thc causing congenital heart disease
- What causes false positive meth results
- Does thc cause hairloss
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...