What does my MRI scan report indicate?
Report: Prostate is enlarged in size, measuring 5.2 x 6.1 x 3.7 cm in AP x Trans x SI dimensions . Prostatic urethra is dilated. Central gland hyperplasia is seen with nodular degeneration. There is a relatively ill defined T2 hypointense nodule at central gland right side prostate towards the middle measuring 13 x 16 mm. It shows no significant restricted diffusion in DW images. In post contrast study there is mild heterogeneous enhancement with type I curve in DCE study. Peripheral gland is thinned out. Prostatic capsule is intact. Neurovascular bundles are symmetric. Recto-prostatic angles maintained.
Blood clots are seen in urinary bladder and prostatic urethra lumen.
Bilateral seminal vesicles are normal.
No enlarged inguino-pelvic lymph nodes are seen.
Visualized bones show no focal osteolytic / osteoblastic lesions.
MR spectroscopy of prostate shows mildly elevated choline peak with high cho/cit ratio upto 1.23..Prostatomegaly with mild central gland hyperplasia. Haemoglobin 10 , prostate weight aprx. 62 grm urinary bladder 7mm irregular, Suggested caluran once a day, contiflo d, becozyme and taking for 25 days alongwith pause to stop blood loss. Few days back another psa was done and shown 7.4. Recently for two days red blood seen in urine. Please suggest.
Hello dear. He requires further evaluation
Hello dear. I have gone through the details.
So it appears to be a case of prostate carcinoma but a biopsy of the prostate is required to establish the diagnosis first.
After the biopsy, hormonal treatment in the form of gonadotriphic hormones can be given to more effectively suppress the prostate cancer as calutide is a weak drug alone. The cause of bleeding in urine requires evaluation by urine analysis and cystoscopy as it can be due to infection or tumor infiltrating into the bladder.
Please discuss these issues with your doctor and please revert back if there are any further queries.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...