What do my lab test reports indicate?
Please find the attached report. Can you answer the following couple of questions?
1. Does this look like malignant brain tumor?
2. What should be the next plan of action
CAT scan of abdomen and pelvis (with iv contrast) came clear
LEFT PARIETO OCCIPITAL LESION ?cause
DEAR MR XXXXXXX JI
I have gone through your patient,s reports in detail.
His CT Scan brain and MRI Brain reveals lesions in left parieto temporo occipital regions of brain with mass effect and midline shift as described in report .
Querry no. 1 . does this look like a malignant lesion .
It,s difficult to reach at a final diagnosis at this stage with only MRI report ,but it seems likely to be either lymphoma or a developing solid tumor . though possibility of a encephalitis is also not ruled out .
Querry no. 2 .next plan of action .
In my opinion we should get following things done
1.Start patient on ANTICONVULSANTS /ANTIOEDEMA MEASURES to reduce intracranial pressure .
2.Start patient on i/v steroids ., if it is lymphoma/encephalitis it will resolve .
3 In the meantime get MR SPECTROSCOPY to establish type of lesion .
4. If still not established and patient is stable neurologically ,WAIT AND WATCH , and repeat MRI BRAIN contrast with SPECTROSCOPY after 3/4 weeks
5 If patient deteriorates neurologically , go for surgical decompression / stereotactic biopsy to establish diagnosis and further treatment .
Hope this answers your query
Feel free to contact me for any further querries
Wishing a speedy recovery
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Deptt. of neurosurgery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Blunt trauma stroke, blood clotting in curative artery, moving into...
- Photo sensitive, fuzzy vision, needles sensation, headaches. Type of...
- How is Labrynthitis treated ?
- Can pituitary tumor cause facial pain?
- Is lumbar drain procedure safe to maintain CSF flow developed post TBI ?
- Bilateral foraminal stenosis,pain in calf,low blood pressure.Surgery?
- How can be tight hamstrings,claw toes and spaticity in children be...
- CSF leaks after brain injury, Intracernal Pressures, Subdural burr...
- Spinal fusions, stenosis, grade 2 spondylolisthesis, degenerative discs,...
- Vertigo, imbalance, headache. physical therapy prescribed. MRI shows...