What causes false positive for Oxytocin in urine test?
false positive due to hydrocodone
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The screening test you would have done can cause both false positive and false negative reactions.
Oxytocin is a hormone that is injected to cause contraction of the uterus. It is possible that there was a false positive reaction to oxycontin.
Oxycontin is semi synthetic opioid. Norco contains hydrocodone and acetaminophen, hydrocodone is also in the opioid family.
Because you use the norco to help with pain, the hydrocodone aspect can cause a false positive reaction for the oxycontin.
There are additional tests that can be done to prove that the response is false positive.
GC-MS tests (gas chromatography, mass spectrometry) are highly accurate and may be suggested. This tests can more accurately identify medications.
In addition, your doctor can confirm that you have prescriptions for your medications and may also be able to confirm that the reaction is likely a false positive.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of oxytocin in women
- Vpx redline causing false positive urine results
- Does percocet and oxytocin cause addiction
- Can metformin cause false positive on a urine test
- What causes oxytocin release
- Urine test showed positive for hydrocodone cause treatment
- Will any drug cause urine test to be positive
- Can oxytocin cause abortion
- What causes false reading for methadone in a urine test
- What could cause positive fentanyl in urine test