What causes extreme cold sensation during day time?

Question
I am 80 and for the last couple of months I become extremely cold every afternoon. no amount of clothes or heat helps. must get in bed buried in blankets and bones still feel cold. ok in the morning until about 2 or 3pm.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
check your temperature

Detailed Answer:

feeling cold might mean a rising temperature so be sure to check your temperature after the chills stop. If you've got fever (even low-grade like 37.3 degrees of Celsius or so) then investigation will be required to find out the cause. Otherwise check your thyroid status as it may also affect your sensitivity to cold. Finally, your doctor should review your medications as many drugs may affect an individual's perception of environmental temperature. For example beta-blockers may cause cold feet.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind regards!