What causes excessive sweating and itchy scalp?
I understand your concern.
An endocrinologist can only help if he has thyroid issues. Hyperthyroidism can cause over heating. If his thyroid functions are normal, probably an endocrinologist will not be able to assist you further.
Is he sweating at all ? What is his recorded body temperature like?
noted your point. Very rarely, certain hormonal rush can present with flushing over body and face as well feeling of heat all over body. They are rare and usually episodic. It may be worth discussing with GP about getting a Chromogranin A and urinary 5-HIAA test.
well, if his Free T4 ( Ft4) and TSH were normal, then it can be assumed that his thyroid is normal. The leaky valve and palpitation your GP referred was probably mitral valve prolapse ( MVP).
I guess your son need a good general medical evaluation
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating cold and headaches only during nights
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating
- What causes sore throat inspite of having a treated thyroid cancer?
- What does low troponin value indicate?
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever?
- What causes spike in blood sugar level?
- What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?
- What causes pink blood discharge?
- What causes shortness of breath,confusion and depression when on thyroid...
- Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin
- What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?
- What causes nausea inspite of having diabetes, acid reflux disease and...