Suggest treatment for severe hand tremors

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: my son who is twenty has been experiencing hand tremors for the past 7 days sometimes 1 finger sometimes 6 it last anywhere from 5 min to 1 hour about 3 times per day

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably essential tremors or anxiety!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. At his age, this might be related to anxiety, or in a few cases to alcohol and coffee intake. If he takes any of these products, I strongly recommend that you stops them.

If this doesn't regress spontaneously, I will recommend that he gets propranolol or clonazepam for relief. However, there is no urgency needed at treating this unless it interferes with his daily activities.

I hope this helps. I wish your son well. Keep me updated.