What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
occasional gnawing in same ae rea slightly on right side
My partner provided the information you have so far and I'd like to add that I've had four episodes of belly pain, usually starting during or just after dinner, in the area around my belly button. The first three time I felt kind of sick all night and then vomited in the morning. We did some online research and decided a gallstone cleanse might be in order. I followed all the directions and thought things might have been resolved, but the fourth episode started yesterday around seven a.m. I've felt sick both yesterday and today but there has been no vomiting. I just drank warm apple juice with some apple cider vinegar and, shortly after, felt better than I had since Thursday night. Also, shortly after the apple juice drink, I had lots of diarrhea. When I have the stomach pain I noticed that my abdomen seems to have lots of activity going on just below the surface: tightening, moving, contractions of some sort. They aren't always at the belly button, sometimes lower down. I've noticed this in a few different places, all while the pain in present.
Most likely symptoms are due Mucosa inflammation and not due to gallstones.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Most likely symptoms are not because of gall stones but are because of Infection of gastric mucosa termed as Gastroenteritis.Pain due to gall stones is usually felt i right upper quadrant and is radiated to base of scapula.Diarrhea is usually not associated with Gall stones.Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection marked by diarrhoea, cramps, nausea,and vomiting due to severe inflammation.However its not necessary that all symptoms are present in every patient.Mostly Bacterial, Protozoal and viral infection causes inflammation in your stomach and intestines causing symptoms like vomiting, severe abdominal cramps, and diarrhea.
Initially i would advice you to go for few tests like-
Stool test to rule out bacterial or protozoal infection.
Fecal calproctin-To rule out severe intestinal inflammation.
Imodium 4 mg stat should be given to control loose stools.
You can take some anti inflammatory (Tylenol) with antispasmodic (Hyocyamine) combination for a few days along with a good probiotic for 1 weeks.Proton pump inhibitor like Nexium 40mg can be taken to provide relief from tightening and spasm due to gases.
Keep yourself hydrated.
Follow up with reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes backache with abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What can cause abdominal pains
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain and sickness
- What causes abdominal pain and constipation
- What is causing abdominal pain and ibs
- What is the cause and treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes diarrheavomiting with abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?