What causes excessive bleeding from the penis while on Warfarin?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Had a cock ring on the tip of my penis forgot to take it off before urinating when I did pulled it off I started bleeding internally what should I do to stop the bleeding also on warfarin 5 mg
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop Warfarin for couple of days

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Bleeding that you have is due to injury to urethra which gets agrevated due to blood thinner like Warfarin that you are taking .

Stop Warfarin for couple of days .

Apply tight dressing with soft cotton pad and bandage and let it be there for 6 hours by the time bleeding is bound to stop .

Ensure to rink more water to get clots flushed out with urine .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.