What causes excessive abdominal gas and bloating?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having a lot of GAS trouble. My stomach gets bloated and becomes so uneasy.
I have been skipping my breakfast for close to 4months now. Due to odd working hours.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow the advises.. maintain a healthy lifestyle..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

You yourself have stated one of the most important cause for your acid-peptic disease, i.e. skipping Breakfast on such a long term basis..don't do it..

Odd hours of work can definitely create problem in time management for breakfast, but there are lot of breakfast on the go options are there to deal with this too..you really need to be focused for this..

Stop chewing on-off Gelusil tabs too..

Take Cap PANTOPRAZOLE/DOMPERIDONE (40/30)mg combination (eg. Cap PAN-D) Once daily in empty stomach ~ 20-30 min before breakfast for next 1 month (REMEMBER: YOU HAVE TO EAT BREAKFAST AFTER TAKING THIS ON DAILY BASIS, Make it a daily routine)..

Keep simple whole wheat biscuits, cakes, oven roasted (dry roasted) ground nuts, almonds and chew them on the go..have simple multi-grain toasts(easily available everywhere), have apple (it'll not only provide nutrition but also fulfilling and easy to have on the go) etc.

Eat in small but frequent interval meals through out the day (4-5 small meals per day instead of 2-3 large meals)..

Try to have your dinner 2-2.5 hrs prior to bed time..

Drink plenty of water through out the day(~ 2.5 ltr per day)..avoid smoking and alcohol(if you do)..

Follow all these strictly and you should be feeling better within a few days only..

Remember you really need to stay motivated for this, as this holds the key to your long term healthy life and nothing's more important than one's own health..

Let me know how you stay in the due course..

Take Care
Kind Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee