What causes erectile dysfunction in a 58 year old man?
may benefit from medicines designed for erectile dysfunction
Thanks for your query.
Erectile dysfunction is not uncommon above age 40 years. Few factors we need to exclude, like diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, ischemic heart disease, etc, because these may be associated with erectile dysfunction. But I assume you have none of these as you have said that you are very fit, exercise regularly and don't smoke.
We should not forget that psychological issues play an important role in this, consciously or subconsciously, so sexual counseling is the most important part of treatment for patients with sexual problems. Stress reduction is really important for even drugs to work.
Usually we treat patients with sildenafil or tadalfil to start with, along with regular counseling sessions, often with the couple together. You can continue with the supplements because they have some role as well.
With these, I am sure you can get past this.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Erectile dysfunction 14 year olds
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction what is causing this and cure
- 23 year old erectile dysfunction
- What are the underlying causes for erectile dysfunction
- 38 year old man with erectile dysfunction
- What is the cause and treatment for erectile dysfunction
- What causes erectile dysfunction and shortness of breath
- Can sixteen year olds get erectile dysfunction
- What causes decrease in penis size with erectile dysfunction
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction