What causes erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Posted on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: am having pre ejaculation and discharges easily and is not as hard as it use to be. What medicine should i take ?? am 48 years and drink alcohol occasionally.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medication suggestions given...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your problems, you seem to be suffering from Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. Now, there are medication available that can increase the blood flow to the penis and improve erection. Examples are Sildenafil, Tadalafil, etc. Similarly, there are also medication available that can delay ejaculation, like Dapoxetine.

But before starting medication directly, I would advise you to first have a detailed evalualtion by a doctor. This is because certain medical problems like diabetes, hormonal problems, blood flow problems, vitamin deficiencies, etc. can result in sexual problems like erectile dysfunction. For this, you may need to undergo a few blood tests.

Also avoid drinking alcohol, exercise regularly (if you are overweight, then you need to reduce your weight), eat a nutritious and healthy diet, and most importantly avoid any stress, tension or anxiety.

So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist or a sexologist in person to have a detailed evaluation done and then proceed with taking the medication that I have mentioned.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 2190 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Premature ejaculation

doctor1 MD

dear doc. I am a male of 33 years and from last 17 years i have been masturbating. Its been more than 4 years of my marriage but I never had any...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor,

I am 30yrs old whenever i hve intercourse with my gf it just ejaculate aftr 1-2minute when i insert the penis in her vagina..am i...

doctor1 MD

hi this is 29 unmarried man, i use to maturbating since i was 12,now there is some problem with my ejaculation, when i get mastuerbate at the time...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor,i amm 22 years old.. i heve been masturbating for past 5 years... i am having pain in my testis for about 2 years.. i have done all...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a problem of pre mature ejaculation, the sensitivity is too high and as a a result the climax is reached very fast.

doctor1 MD

I need a doctor to review and explain my semen analysis report Following are the two tests I have taken in the last month Test # 1 - 3rd Nov 2017...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 40 year old healthy male. Just wanted to ask you an important question. 1. Is it okay to rub the penis against my wife’s clothes for...