What causes erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Posted on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: am having pre ejaculation and discharges easily and is not as hard as it use to be. What medicine should i take ?? am 48 years and drink alcohol occasionally.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medication suggestions given...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your problems, you seem to be suffering from Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. Now, there are medication available that can increase the blood flow to the penis and improve erection. Examples are Sildenafil, Tadalafil, etc. Similarly, there are also medication available that can delay ejaculation, like Dapoxetine.

But before starting medication directly, I would advise you to first have a detailed evalualtion by a doctor. This is because certain medical problems like diabetes, hormonal problems, blood flow problems, vitamin deficiencies, etc. can result in sexual problems like erectile dysfunction. For this, you may need to undergo a few blood tests.

Also avoid drinking alcohol, exercise regularly (if you are overweight, then you need to reduce your weight), eat a nutritious and healthy diet, and most importantly avoid any stress, tension or anxiety.

So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist or a sexologist in person to have a detailed evaluation done and then proceed with taking the medication that I have mentioned.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar MBBS., DPM., MRCPsych.(U.K.)
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist