What causes elevated creatinine level in urine?
Dialysis is a must right now and later you might plan a kidney transplant
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Creatinine level of 9.6 is too high and it must be controlled at the earliest to prevent total kidney shutdown and toxicity.
2. Your doctor is right about initiation of AV fistula for purpose of dialysis. This is a technique by which the blood will be regularly drawn in to a machine and passed through a series of filters and then returned to your circulation. Dialysis frequency is usually once to three times a week.
3. You can always take a second opinion but dialysis is the only option as it is urgent to bring down your creatinine levels immediately to prevent complications.
4. Planning a kidney transplant might help you and you can discuss this option with your doctor if you have a matching donor among your relatives. After transplantation also you have to be on medications for a long time to keep the transplanted kidney working.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated creatinine level and diuretics
- Elevated creatinine levels breathlessness extreme exhaustion history of diabetes treatment
- Elevated creatinine levels healthy men
- Causes of elevated creatinine levels
- Curing elevated creatinine levels
- Temporary elevated creatinine level
- Found elevated creatinine level how to lower this
- Severe vomiting elevated creatinine levels
- Elevated creatinine levels in children and headaches
- Elevated creatinine levels in person with cardiomyopathy