What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
All these year my sugar was Normal and i have no body in my family member who are affected by Diabetes but Today as a just normal check i found that my sugar test levels as below.
Fasting blood sugar : 128
Postprandial Blood Sugar : 272
I am not sure is it whether because of Night shifts and less sleep.
Please suggest me good Medicine and healthy diet.
Consult near by diabetologist.
Hi XXXXXXX XXX,
After going through your case,
The blood sugar levels you have mentioned are in diabetic range.
In today's modern world there are many factors that increases the risk of developing diabetes like stress (physical, mental stress), lack of physical activity, changing food habits like use of junk food, obesity.
I want to know-
1) Your Age.
2) Height & weight (BMI- Body Mass Index).
3) Any habits of smoking, alcohol.
4) Type of Profession.
I will advise you
1) Diabetic diet:
Low calories and low fat diet.
Avoid eating junk foods, aerated cold drinks that provides empty calories (calories without any other nutrition).
Use of lot of salads, sprouted nuts, green leafy vegetables, fruits in diet.
Avoid use of red meat.
You should regularize your meal times.
2) Regular exercise:
You should follow the exercise pattern that you can follow life long like brisk walking, yoga, aerobics.
3) For diabetic medicine you should consult near by diabetologist, before starting medicines there is need for detailed clinical examination depending on it there might be need of certain tests to confirm type of diabetes and accordingly there is need to start appropriate anti-diabetic treatment.
4) Blood tests like HbA1c level (it indicates blood sugar levels over past 3 to 4 months), kidney function test (which help in knowing base line kidney functioning), Lipid profile (which help in knowing different types of cholesterol levels) accordingly appropriate medicines cane be started.
5) Regular blood pressure check.
Hope I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Dr Abhay Mali
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated sgpt levels
- What causes high blood sugar level in children
- Cause high blood sugar level
- What causes elevated ldh levels
- Causes of elevated blood sugar
- What causes drop in blood sugar level
- What causes elevated sodium level
- What causes elevated calcium level in blood
- What causes increase in fasting blood sugar level
- What causes spike in blood sugar level