Will Taking Ascard Effect The Test Of Lipid Profile?

hello, my husband who is 43 years old, height 5feet11 gave a test of lipid profile in the morning after 12hours of fasting. But he did nt mention to the doctor that he took a tablet ascard75mg approx 4 hours before the test. I wanted to ask you , that does the ascard effects the test, as it is a blood thinner and is used to lower blood pressure and heart diseases. Please let me know soon. Should i repeat the test or the results obtained are fine. Thanks. Madiha.
Mon, 1 Feb 2021

No, it does not affect the test at all, because it does not have anything to do with serum lipid profile.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Diwashish Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist

Recent questions on Lipid profile

Hello, No, it does not affect the test at all, because it does not have anything to do with serum lipid profile. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Diwashish Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist