• question-icon

    What causes dysuria after protected intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello Doctor,

i am in relation with only one girl and had protected sex. From last one week i am experiencing the pain after urinating under the foreskin , and if i pullback foreskin i am able to see very very small pimples(doesnt even look like pimples cant even felt like pimple if i touch those that small) on foreskin, there is a one very small pimple on my penis which is very itchysome times. and also three months back i was experiencing the very mild pain in right testical for almost two months got doppler ultra sound test came everything as normal. i wanted to get tested for Herpes and other STDs in XXXXXXX Can u please suggest me some hospital or doctor in XXXXXXX to get tested.

adding to the above details i have also two small white pimples from years on back of penis(attached image of it), it doesnt hurt or itch just wanted to know is this any kind of STD.i was in relation with her for almost three years but never faced any problem till now and she is healthy and doesnt have any of the symptoms..
even though i dont have any testical pain now, done ultrasound scan for kidneys
and doppler test, everything came out normal in ultra sound scan. please let me know are these symptoms of Herpes or any STD. if at all these are symptoms then suggest me a hospital or doctor where i can get treated inn XXXXXXX and also please provide suggestions or precautions that i need to take care for not spreading it to others.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding skin condition on glans and STD testing

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist and venereologist).
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Images. From the Images it seems to me that you most likely have candidal/ yeast infection i.e balanitis rather than herpes but I would suggest you to get tested to be sure about the diagnosis.
I suggest you to use clotrin B cream Or candid B cream, twice daily for 7 days. In addition you may take a single tablet of fluconazole 150mg (single dose).
However, since you wish, you may test for herpes and other STDs. You may just walk in to any of the private labs e.g Dr.Lal Path labs and ask for a STD panel including Hiv, Herpes, VdRL. You don't need a doctor prescription for these tests as they can be voluntarily requested by the patient.
The white pimples on corona of glans, they are nothing but pearly penile papules which are a normal anatomic variation and they can just be left alone.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Thank you for the answer Doctor,

is this candid or yeast infection is transferable to others, do i need to go for any tests to confirm it as yeast infection. in future to avoid the infections what precaution should i take, please provide me a suggestions if i need to maintain any personal hygiene, usually i clean the foreskin everyday with dettol soap, can i continue doing that.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advice regarding yeast infection/ candida

Detailed Answer:

Candida or yeast infection is not considered an STD.
Candida or yeast infection can usually easily be diagnosed clinically however in case of doubt scrapings Or culture can be used to distinguish it from other infections.
I suggest you to avoid any sexual contact till it gets completely cured, usually within a week. You can use just lukewarm plain water to clean the genitals and there is no need to use a soap.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 hours later
Hello Doctor,

i have used the above prescription and i am feeling better now there is no pain after passing the urine but there is a one small pimple on penis and scrotum which is very itchy mostly in nights and rarely in days, thank you.

i have got a blood samples report for complete STD test, i have attached the images of the report, Please check the report and let me know am i having a STD or not.
in the report for Herpes i got the result as non reactive, but still it is said that i have to get tested again after 14 days to get to know the actual results, i was bit confused on this please help me out.

Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reports are fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you. I have reviewed the tests.

Your reports seem fine to me. Since you are in a monogamous relationship (by monogamous relationship I mean that you have sex with only one person, who has sex only with you) which is a low risk for STDs therefore in the absence of any definitive symptoms these tests are fairly suggestive that you don't have an STD. However, since the testing lab usually is not aware about the sexual history of patient and since they totally rely on test results therefore almost all the lab tests for STD's are reported with a recommendation of retesting after 2-4 weeks in order to avoid missing out any chances of infection. This is because all infections have an incubation period and are not detectable soon after they are acquired. Hence they usually recommend serial testing after 2-4 weeks for a conclusive result. In a monogamous relationship this is not actually required.

For the itchy pimple I suggest you to take a tablet of Ivermectol 12 mg (just a single dose).
You may also take a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
In addition you may use a cream e.g momate - f cream, twice daily, for the itchy pimple on scrotum and penis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8967 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Balanitis

doctor1 MD

hi i have had cuts like paper cuts on my foreskin for over a week, and have had it before a few times over the years, they just seem to clear up...

doctor1 MD

Just under two years ago I contracted Chlamydia which then resulted in reactive arthritis. I had the typical symptoms of swollen joints and also...

doctor1 MD

I am having itching and red blisters on my penis forehead. There is also skin tightening. A doctor suggested me that it is balanitis and prescribed...

doctor1 MD

Hello i have a question about a red bump on the shaft of my penis. It looks like a pimple but its been there for a few weeks

doctor1 MD

I have a redness around the tip of my penis.

doctor1 MD

Hi I think my 14month old has balanitis he has had it before the doctor has said its ring worm but I am certain it's not it's it's not even in...

doctor1 MD

I think I may have balanitis, what are the treatment options. It is the result of poor hygiene rather than contact with thrush. Symptoms inc....

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Kakkar S.
  • Q - Suggest treatment for thinning of skin

  • Q - Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?

  • Q - What casues allergic skin rash?

  • Q - How to diagnose herepes type 2?

  • Q - What causes white pimples in vagina?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp

  • Q - What causes non itchy eruption on penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body