• question-icon

What causes dysuria after protected intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello Doctor,

i am in relation with only one girl and had protected sex. From last one week i am experiencing the pain after urinating under the foreskin , and if i pullback foreskin i am able to see very very small pimples(doesnt even look like pimples cant even felt like pimple if i touch those that small) on foreskin, there is a one very small pimple on my penis which is very itchysome times. and also three months back i was experiencing the very mild pain in right testical for almost two months got doppler ultra sound test came everything as normal. i wanted to get tested for Herpes and other STDs in XXXXXXX Can u please suggest me some hospital or doctor in XXXXXXX to get tested.

adding to the above details i have also two small white pimples from years on back of penis(attached image of it), it doesnt hurt or itch just wanted to know is this any kind of STD.i was in relation with her for almost three years but never faced any problem till now and she is healthy and doesnt have any of the symptoms..
even though i dont have any testical pain now, done ultrasound scan for kidneys
and doppler test, everything came out normal in ultra sound scan. please let me know are these symptoms of Herpes or any STD. if at all these are symptoms then suggest me a hospital or doctor where i can get treated inn XXXXXXX and also please provide suggestions or precautions that i need to take care for not spreading it to others.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding skin condition on glans and STD testing

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist and venereologist).
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Images. From the Images it seems to me that you most likely have candidal/ yeast infection i.e balanitis rather than herpes but I would suggest you to get tested to be sure about the diagnosis.
I suggest you to use clotrin B cream Or candid B cream, twice daily for 7 days. In addition you may take a single tablet of fluconazole 150mg (single dose).
However, since you wish, you may test for herpes and other STDs. You may just walk in to any of the private labs e.g Dr.Lal Path labs and ask for a STD panel including Hiv, Herpes, VdRL. You don't need a doctor prescription for these tests as they can be voluntarily requested by the patient.
The white pimples on corona of glans, they are nothing but pearly penile papules which are a normal anatomic variation and they can just be left alone.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Thank you for the answer Doctor,

is this candid or yeast infection is transferable to others, do i need to go for any tests to confirm it as yeast infection. in future to avoid the infections what precaution should i take, please provide me a suggestions if i need to maintain any personal hygiene, usually i clean the foreskin everyday with dettol soap, can i continue doing that.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advice regarding yeast infection/ candida

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Candida or yeast infection is not considered an STD.
Candida or yeast infection can usually easily be diagnosed clinically however in case of doubt scrapings Or culture can be used to distinguish it from other infections.
I suggest you to avoid any sexual contact till it gets completely cured, usually within a week. You can use just lukewarm plain water to clean the genitals and there is no need to use a soap.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 hours later
Hello Doctor,

i have used the above prescription and i am feeling better now there is no pain after passing the urine but there is a one small pimple on penis and scrotum which is very itchy mostly in nights and rarely in days, thank you.

i have got a blood samples report for complete STD test, i have attached the images of the report, Please check the report and let me know am i having a STD or not.
in the report for Herpes i got the result as non reactive, but still it is said that i have to get tested again after 14 days to get to know the actual results, i was bit confused on this please help me out.

Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reports are fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you. I have reviewed the tests.

Your reports seem fine to me. Since you are in a monogamous relationship (by monogamous relationship I mean that you have sex with only one person, who has sex only with you) which is a low risk for STDs therefore in the absence of any definitive symptoms these tests are fairly suggestive that you don't have an STD. However, since the testing lab usually is not aware about the sexual history of patient and since they totally rely on test results therefore almost all the lab tests for STD's are reported with a recommendation of retesting after 2-4 weeks in order to avoid missing out any chances of infection. This is because all infections have an incubation period and are not detectable soon after they are acquired. Hence they usually recommend serial testing after 2-4 weeks for a conclusive result. In a monogamous relationship this is not actually required.

For the itchy pimple I suggest you to take a tablet of Ivermectol 12 mg (just a single dose).
You may also take a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
In addition you may use a cream e.g momate - f cream, twice daily, for the itchy pimple on scrotum and penis.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist