Is prolonged balanitis normal after chlamydia and arthritis?

Just under two years ago I contracted Chlamydia which then resulted in reactive arthritis. I had the typical symptoms of swollen joints and also circinate balanitis. Within ten months or so all symptoms had ceased with the exception of the balanitis. It is treated successfully with a cortisone cream but I've read that prolonged use can actually make the condition worse. Is a prolonged period of balanitis normal after chlamydia caused reactive arthritis? Are there other more effective meds available. Are there other causes, bacterial or fungal, that might be causing this? Any help is appreciated.
Wed, 25 Jul 2018