question-icon

What causes dull pain in lower back?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I have a dull pain in my lower back. I have had it about a week. It is near or at my left kidney.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Supportive care only

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Dull pain in the lower back more on the left flank at the age of 74 is likely musculoskeletal pain and needs supportive care. Take some advil and skelaxin and rest for a while. Avoid lifting heavy weights and lie down on flat surfaces.You may also get a massage.Take some calcium supplements as well. Wait and see if it helps.If the lain persists for a week get some workup done like radiograph and MR scans if need be.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion pleaseRegards XXXXXXX
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan