What causes dry mouth and thrush?

Posted on Thu, 24 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: Dry mouth ----thrush---cause and cure?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thrush often caused by candida albicans...A fungus!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this thrush that you have reported. This is often caused by a fungal infections and treated with anti fungal medications. However, you will also need to have your immune status checked to make sure that it is strong enough because this infection is more common in persons with a weakened immune system.

I will also like to have an image and review. This way, I will be sure of what you are talking of and confirm it as oral thrush before treating. To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience and do promise to be back as soon as the image gets here.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah