What causes dizziness, vomiting, headache and restlessness post intake of anti depressant?
Reduce the dose to 5 mg for few days
Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic
Which anti depressant you are taking?
It is common in individuals to develop symptoms like nausea, dizziness, headache, restlessness and anxiety especially during first few days of starting the drug. Escitalopram is one of common drug to cause increase in restlessness and anxiety and others symptoms like nausea, dizziness, headache when the drug is started. This can be prevented by either starting with low dose and then increasing the dose at 2 weeks or by taking drug with some low dose benzodiazepine drug.
So you can take 5 mg dose for about a couple of weeks and then increase the dose to 10. This will reduce your symptoms. Please consult your psychiatrist before making any change in your prescription.
Thanks, Hope this helps you, if you have more doubts you can ask again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes restless nights
- Restlessness causes
- What causes restlessness when taking pregabalin for epilepsy
- Restless leg syndrome causes
- Feeling restless what causes jittery feelings in legs
- What could cause cramping of stomach and restlessness
- Feeling restless and dizzy what could be the cause
- Restless legs causes
- What causes restless sleep
- Does lactogen cause restlessness