What causes dizziness and excessive sweating?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: For the past few days I have been getting very dizzy and begin to sweat that is like a soaking sweat I am not overheated but the begin to get nauseous from the dizzyness and then it goes away in about an hour if I lay down and close my eyes. I think it is because of not eating but this has never happened before and I have never been one to eat in the morning
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vertebrobasilar insufficiency is a possibility

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I presume you have been in good health other than this dizziness which has developed recently. Your description of symptoms fits in with a vertebrobasilar insufficiency. This is a condition in which the blood flow to the base of the brain which also includes areas associated with balance ( like the inner ear) is compromised, often temporarily It becomes worse when one stands up or turns the head from side to side and is relieved on lying down.
It is commoner in people with diabetes, cholesterol abnormalities, high blood pressure or cervical spondylosis.
I would appreciate your input on my thoughts.