question-icon

What causes discomfort bulge in buttock?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: I have a bulge in my buttock, left hand side, high up. Not red. But massy - as big as a child's fist. It is not particularly painful unless I have a bug or something which makes everything hurt a bit.
Answered by Dr. Rishi (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It seems to be a Lipoma, nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir.
Most likely its a Lipoma or a lump made up of fat cells. These lumps dont lead to any problems. It is advised that you get yourself examined to determine the nature of the lump preferably by a Surgeon. If there is a doubt then an FNAC test can be done to be sure.
Do not worry. I dont think it is anything sinister.
Get it evaluated and do let me know if there are any queries on this issue. I would be happy to assist you.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon