What causes difficulty in urination?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi Doctor,
I'm a 25 year old unmarried men. From last two months, I sometimes feel that I have less control over end process of urination. i.e. When we are about to stop urine, there is a slight push that our body generates and then it stops/locks. I sometimes feel that the push is not as it was. While on some days it is normal.
Also, I masturbate frequently(i.e 4-5 times a week). And recently I had little vibration in penis veins during masturbation. No pain just little vibration. Is that normal? Also, how many times can one masturbate in a week?

Thanks.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are non specific complaints

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using health care magic.

From the available description it appears that the first possibility is some renal or bladder stones. If the size of stone is large enough that does not pass through urethra this may cause some difficulty in passing urine as in your case.

The second possibility is Urinary tract infection because of one or another cause. They may occur due to stones or just due to poor hygiene in genital area or even without any identifiable cause.

The third possibility is of sexually transmitted disease provided there is history of unprotected sex in recent time.

Regarding your second query I like to tell you that any number of masturbation is normal till you feel comfortable. There is no harm in doing masturbation as this is just replica of normal sex where another partner is not available and you stimulate stimulate yourself. Little vibration during masturbation is non specific complaint and there is nothing to worry about that.

As you have already ordered for urine culture and semen culture sensitivity you need to wait for the reports. If thse tests were performed after start of antibiotics there is chance that they will turn out to be normal. If there is any specific bacteria detected i culture that needs t be treated with help of antibiotics.
Other than this ask your doctor to get and abdominal ultrasound covering the pelvis area which will help him to identify the stones if present.

If all things come out as a normal report there is no need of further intervention as probably 15 days of antibiotic use corrected the problem

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks