What causes diarrhea, chest tightness, cough and vomiting while treating collagenous colitis?
He then presented with ongoing diarrhoea and a persistent tight chest cough resulting in vomiting when eating. I am concerned with these symptoms that he did not have prior to these medications?
Side effect of ondansetron;report it to his doctor...
I have gone through the medical history of your son and am sorry for his current health situation.
1. Diarrhea is a symptom of collagenous colitis.
2. If your son did not have diarrhea prior to starting the actual meds, then, after reviewing what he is taking recently, I noted that it was prescribed ondansetron. It is a medication used to treat nausea and vomiting. So, in other words it should have stopped nausea/vomiting; while you are reporting the contrary: start heavy vomiting.
Severe vomiting and diarrhea are also reported in patients using ondansetron. I advise to report this side effect to his doctor in order to change therapy.
3.For the moment, I advise to:
- increase fluids intake
- take probiotics
- re-evaluate the status of his colon and gallbladder through abdominal ultrasound
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Estrogen dominance cause collagenous colitis
- Diet for collagenous colitis
- Is collagenous colitis curable
- Microscopic collagenous colitis causes
- Collagenous colitis multiple sclerosis
- Collagenous colitis causes
- Collagenous colitis and disability
- Collagenous colitis flare up
- Living with collagenous colitis
- What is collagenous colitis