What causes diarrhea after a colonoscopy?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Have been having loose stools since my colonoscopy two weeks ago now im going every one and half to two hours soft mushy stools and headaches.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
complication transmission of infection

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Diarrhea and colonoscopy could have been more related for sure if the time frame would have been less.2 weeks is enough time. But there had been reports for transmission of infections as shigella , salmonella and e. Coli all three of which are notorious for diarrhea.
I suggest you seek a gastroenterologist for assessment of this diarrhea and prescription of antibiotics.use fibre alot. Eat BRAT diet * banana, rice, apple sauce and toast* and drink electrolytes to replenish the loss.it will resolve soon.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 57 minutes later
Thank u that what i thought will call the doc today.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
:)

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome
please close the discussion.
Regards XXXXXXX