What causes dents in head?

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: what are the dents in my head?
Answered by Dr. Monish De 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sutures where skull bones join

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Dents in head are called sutures which is where individual skull bones join.
These dents are present since a person is born. When your born your skull is soft and can actually me molded like clay and sometimes dents are formed.

If u are having any symptoms like vomiting and headache then i would recommend CT scan of brain.

Hope i have answered your query.

DR De.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 17 minutes later
no wrong, i have not had these since birth! they appeared 2 months ago and are getting bigger. please help me!
Answered by Dr. Monish De 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cranial computed tomography

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you have not got dents in your head since birth and they appeared 2 months ago and are getting bigger i would recommend a cranial computed tomography (CT) scan in your case.
It uses x-rays to create pictures of the head, including the skull, brain, eye sockets, and sinuses.
Dents in head can be due to brain tumor, brain infection, buildup of fluid inside the skull and injury to the head.

DR De

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad