What causes delay in menstruation after taking Menopur injections and Norethisterone?
Need few more details
I read your query and I understand your concerns about delayed periods.
I need few more details before answering your question:
1) When was your last period date?
2) Since when did you start your long protocol injections ( lupride) ?
3) Since when did you start Inj. Menopur and when was the last dose of Menopur.
4) Your oocyte retrieval is done or still yet to happen?
Please let me know me know above details so that I can answer your query in detail.
Hormonal variation due to Buserelin
This is common problem in women undergoing down regulation for IVf.
There is down regulation of hormones ( gonadotrophins) which sometime interferes with body hormones like progesterone and prevent the withdrawal bleeding.
Taking Buserelin is likely to have delayed your periods.
You can continue with stimulation from 4th though no periods. Let periods come little later which does not affect your stimulation.
Let me know if you need any more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Bravelle and menopur injections
- What causes scanty periods after taking norethisterone
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Still no menstruation after taking norethisterone