• question-icon

What causes crawling and itching sensations in the body?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,
My skin is kind of itches sometimes. not exactly itching , some times i feel that something is moving around. This happens sometimes not all the time. Earlier i had developed small red blisters on my skin for which i consulted a DR, he told me not to worry and i found that its hereditary. To make sure everything is fine Doctor asked me to get LFT tests done which are normal. All the values are within the normal range. No red rashes. What might be the cause?

Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Picture please

Detailed Answer:

Can you please upload picture of the area where you feel something moving around.
Do you have any other medical problems, even minor? Do you take medicines for anything else?
What was the last prescription from the previous doctor?

Thank you, waiting for your information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 10 minutes later
I do not have picture because i do not have any rashes as such. As i mentioned earlier i get itching only sometimes .I feel something is moving around the skin.I do not have any medical problem apart from migraine headache. The doctor did not give me any prescription as it was hereditary.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hereditary

Detailed Answer:
It is difficult to judge the cause in such a case.
You mention it to be hereditary so the cause is hereditary and I am sure after so many visits the doctors would have zeroed in the diagnosis.
You can ask your doctor to give a safe medicines to numb the feeling of crawls. It will take your mind away from these unnecessary sensations. They are available which would numb.
ALOE VERA gel is safer alternative which can numb the feeling when you have it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam