What causes constant popping sound in the ear?

Posted on Mon, 21 Nov 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I'm having a problem with my left ear. At times it sounds like I hear a popping sound like air. I did have fluid in that ear several weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get it examined and probably cleansed!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information. The most common cause of this symptom is cerumen buildup in the ear canal that blocks it from time to time. When it opens up, then you have such an impression. I will suggest that you get the ear examined with an otoscope and probably cleansed/irrigated to get the mucus out if much is found. This will fix the problem. There is no emergency and visiting your primary care physician at your earliest convenience is advised.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Keep me updated on this.
Dr. Ivo Ditah