• question-icon

What causes constant pain in appendix area and bright red colour urine?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello

Ive had constant unrelenting pain in the area just slightly lower of the appendix for three years
The pain is sharp and a stabbing pain when i move and when pressed on its excrutiating

Many doctors have examined my stomach but when they do i feel no pain because they do not press deep or hard enough you have to press down very firmly and deep around my bladder area for the pain to suddenly be felt severely

Three years ago when the pain first started i was sent for a laporoscopy to check for endometriosis and this was clear
I was then sent for colonoscopy which found proctitis but they said it was not that causing my pain
I was then sent for a trans vaginal ultra sound which was clear and i was told sometimes people get unexplained pain and given pain killers and told to basically live with it

So three years of living and dealing with this uncomfortable and often severe constant pain this past month the pain has intensified is wrapping around the my lower right back and travelling down into my groin and thigh it was so bad i went to the emergancy room in agony and tears to which they gave me another trans vaginal ultra sound which was clear and again said unexplained pain and sent me home
A few days ago i noticed the pain was now at its worst when i had a full bladder or took a very deep breath
I went to my doctor who dipped my urine said it was clear but to do another sample and put it in for the labs to test
Today however my urine has been bright red which startled me very much, there was no blood on the toilet paper

I am at my wits end, could this be a bladder problem?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bright red urine could mainly be because of blood in urine.

Detailed Answer:

Bright red urine could mainly be because of blood in urine. You need a Unrinalysis test as soon as possible. Based upon the results, CT abdomen could be useful.

Not just because of bladder problems, it can due to many other things like kidney stones or other kidney problems or Urinary tract problems.

So, investigations are necessary to come to a diagnosis.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist