What causes constant knee pain when diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter disease?
my knee is in pain 24/7 I have has osgood schlatter disease since I was 9 and my knee buckled back my c rays are fine but the pain is on a high level I ice it every night and have had physical therapy for 4 months which hasn't done anything I can't swim for An hour without pain I can't walk anywhere without pain after my knee swells up for no reason please help me
Regular pain killers and knee brace can help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the knee that you have is due to osgood schlatter's disease. It causes inflammation of the patellar tendon causing constant pain and difficulty in day to day activities.
It occurs most often in children who participate in sports that involve running, jumping and swift changes of direction. Regular pain killers, avoiding all painful activities, physiotherapy, hot compress, etc help in decreasing the pain. You can use an elastic knee brace for an extra support while walking.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of osgood-schlatter disease
- Osgood–schlatter disease causes
- Tests for osgood schlatter disease
- Is osgood schlatter disease caused by gluten
- Osgood-schlatter disease causes
- Precautions to take with osgood schlatters disease
- Osgood schlatters disease treatment
- Treatment and cure for osgood schlatter's disease
- Diagnosis of osgood-schlatter disease
- What is osgood schlatters disease