What causes colorless bumps on hands?

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have these colorless and painless bumps forming on my hands... what are they? they are the same colour as my skin
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
pompholyx is the most likely possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic. I
have read your query and understood your concern.
I have seen the attached pic also. Thanks for attaching the pic.

It seems that you are suffering from a condition called pompholyx. It is a type of eczema characterized by itchy or asymptomatic bumps involving palms.

I would like to know the following details :
1 ) what is the duration of the disease?
2 ) any other site of the lesions?
3) any treatment taken?

Kindly reply to my questions and get back to me so that I can help you to my best.
Stay healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 5 hours later
1)2years...but the bumps only appear somtimes
2)no other site lesions
3) I havent had any treatment
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
apply moderate to strong potency topical steroids

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

Pompholyx presents like this only. It is a self limiting condition. In case it doesnt resolve by itself, moderate to strong potency topical steroids like mometasone/ clobetasol are usually advised to be applied over the lesions.
The condition usually responds within 2-3 weeks of treatment.
Additionally put lots of moisturisers over the hands so as to prevent the recurrence to some extent.
As per details, it is my best advice for you.
If you have any further query you may ask me.
Stay healthy.